Calling all fellow world-changers and innovators! Please share the opportunities below with your networks to help us reach best-fit candidates for our unique school and community-centered organization.
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is reimagining the future of what’s possible in public education. As a non-profit Chicago public charter school, located on the city’s urban southwest side, we are constructing a “school of the future” that is trailblazing an unparalleled level of sustainability and new learning environment rooted in wonder. Our mission is to develop mindful leaders who take action now and in the future to positively impact their communities and the world beyond. Our innovative and holistic approach aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates future generations through incubating, evaluating, and disseminating our best practices to the world. We value:
AGC is an internationally recognized laboratory of innovation in education, with a Dual Language program, an International Baccalaureate MYP and PYP program, and a progressive approach to multi-stakeholder collaboration. Please help us identify mission-aligned colleagues for the following roles! Click the links below for full job descriptions.
We are looking for staff who:
- Have a big heart to match a big brain
- Want their work to define best practice
- Respect and thrive in a dynamic, changing, and growing environment
- Know extraordinary things can happen when people work hard together
- Are excited to participate in a laboratory for innovation in education
- Dream about reimagining what’s possible for the future of learning
- Are (ideally) bilingual in English and Spanish
Working at AGC means:
- Being surrounded by thoughtful, inquisitive students and hard-working, passionate, and like-minded colleagues
- Thinking outside of the box to do what is best for our students
- Promoting student profile qualities of the International Baccalaureate Program: inquirers, thinkers, communicators, risk takers, knowledgeable, principled, caring, open-minded, well-balanced, and reflective.
- Having high academic expectations for every student in the school every day
- Getting your hands dirty in our school garden and facilitating outdoor learning
- Enjoying 100% organic, scratch-made meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Working in an environmentally sustainable and health conscious school culture
- Incorporating wellness, mindfulness, yoga and environmental education into your work
AGC is currently seeking exemplary applicants for the following positions:
Middle School Curriculum Coordinator (International Baccalaureate Program)
Please complete this form if you are interested in being alerted of additional position openings as they become available.
For hiring-related inquiries, please contact email@example.com or AGC’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and résumé.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.