The Academy for Global Citizenship is a Chicago Public Charter School, located on the underserved southwest side of Chicago. Our innovative and holistic approach to education aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates our future generations. We are producing a replicable model for learning in the 21st century, including the construction of a net-positive energy campus.
To learn more, visit:https://agcchicago.org/
AGC has embarked on a 6-acre community development project that now expands far beyond the work of “a school” and includes a federally qualified health center, significant urban farming operation and fresh foods store, community wellness facilities and neighborhood services. The mission has expanded to cultivating vital communities and igniting economic development, in addition to closing the healthcare access and food insecurity gaps. This a cutting-edge community transformation project will serve as a replicable model for school campuses across the country and around the world. With that goal in mind, AGC is seeking a Communications Intern to manage the organization’s contacts, newsletters, and social media posting and strategy in order to generate awareness of the new mission, and to inspire action on specific campaigns and requests for support.
- Contact Management
- Consolidate current contact lists into one CMS platform and then manage ongoing updates
- Email Newsletter
- Create email template in the CMS platform
- Gather content from the AGC leadership team and populate email newsletter 1-2 time per month.
- Secure approval and distribute newsletter to contact list
- Social Media:
- Organize the posts with all necessary elements, upload each post for approval, and ensure each post goes live according to the schedule.
- One (1) hour per week of engagement on FB & IG
- Offer advice and recommendations on best practices for growing our following, reaching audience, and leveraging our influencer relationships on social media.
Required Skills & Characteristics include:
- Experience in marketing, communications, and social media management
- Comfort with basic CMS platform functions (e.g. contact management, newsletter design and distribution)
- Comfort with strategies, techniques, and skills required to leverage posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Comfort with Adobe Photoshop (or similar photo editing software)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently/remotely while maintaining close, regular contact with the Director of Strategic Scale
Start Date: immediately
Duration: 6-months (minimum commitment)
Estimated Weekly Hours: 5-10
Contact: Trevor Hall at email@example.com
To apply, please submit your cover letter, résumé and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age national origin, or disability.