Tis’ the giving season! This is a time to give thanks and gifts, but it is also the time when most Americans make charitable donations. More than 80% of Americans do some charitable giving and the average annual household contribution in 2015 was $2,900. Approximately $1,000 of those gifts were made between Thanksgiving and New Years.
Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday on November 29 is a celebration of giving back. Last year, generous citizens donated $100M to causes around the world on Giving Tuesday, with an average contribution of $100.
For the students, families, and educators at the Academy for Global Citizenship, this is a critical time, as we work to recover after the largest funding cut in our history during the recent district budget crisis. AGC must raise $1,000 per student to close this gap.
Here are a few ways you can support AGC this Giving Tuesday, regardless of your budget. Remember, all of your gifts to AGC are tax-deductible!
- Sponsor a Student: For $1,000, your family can sponsor a whole year of AGC for one student.Click here to sponsor a student. For $100 (or $10 a month), you can sponsor our healthy local food program for a student. Click here to sponsor school food.
- Give for Free: Your holiday shopping can support AGC with a few clicks of the mouse. Before you buy on Black Friday, visit Smile.Amazon.com to make sure .5% of your purchase goes to AGC. See other ways your everyday purchases can support AGC, with Target, GoodSearch, Giving Assistant, and more!
- Give the Best Gifts: Stumped by holiday giving? Honor a friend, mentor, or loved one with a gift and AGC will send a personal letter of thanks. Click to make a gift in someone’s name.
- Give Stock: Donating stock or securities will allow you to earn the full tax benefits of the value of your shares and avoid capital gains taxes. Contact us to learn more.
- Give Time: Tell the world about AGC by sharing posts from our blog, Facebook or Twitter feeds throughout the giving season.