Are you interested in enrolling your child into AGC’s innovative and internationally-recognized K-8 program? We invite you to attend an open house on January 23rd.
ADMISSIONS OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, January 23, 2016
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at 4647 W. 47th St.
3rd – 8th Grade
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at 4941 W. 46th St.
Telephone: 773-582-1100 Ext. 10
Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
Public Lottery for 2016-2017 Admission: March 31, 2016, 6:00 p.m.
The Academy for Global Citizenship is a free, open-enrollment public school for students living within the City of Chicago. There is no neighborhood boundary or preference given based on residential area and admission is not based on academic performance.
Students applying for kindergarten must be age 5 by September 1st for the year for which they are applying.Students entering any grade level may submit an Intent to Enroll form with the year they wish to enroll clearly marked. The application is valid only for the marked school year. Complete and accurate applications are due by the designated deadline in order to be entered into the blind public lottery held each spring. Any applications received after the due date will be put on the waitlist compiled after the drawing.
The Academy for Global Citizenship is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program school. An IB authorization means we share a common philosophy with other IB schools around the world—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education that AGC believes will give our students the knowledge and skills to be successful in the future.
We Teach Through:
- A cycle of inquiry grounded in concept-based central ideas.
- Close collaboration among faculty, staff, and families.
- Research-based methods supported by relevant and ongoing professional development and sharing of practice with teachers in other schools.
- Holding all students accountable to high academic standards.
- Using formative and summative assessment data to drive decision-making.
Students Learn Through:
- A healthy, child-centered environment.
- A curriculum organized into interdisciplinary units of inquiry.
- Extended learning day with a balance of time spent on core academic subjects, physical activity, and enrichment.
- A place-based education approach which honors the neighborhood and city in which our school exists.
- A rigorous and robust curriculum which challenges students to think deeply about what they are learning.
Our Community Collaborates Through:
- Sister school partnerships around the world including schools in Uganda and India.
- Family engagement workshops centered around the school’s mission and vision and a plethora of volunteer opportunities.
- 70 parent engagement events each year.
- The intentional sharing of practices at speaking engagements and conferences in addition to welcoming hundreds of visitors each year.
- Partnerships with local organizations.
Environmental sustainability, whole student wellness, and global citizenship are woven into AGC’s curriculum, culture and operations. AGC students enjoy a nutritious, 100% organic, breakfast and lunch, scratch made onsite by a restaurant-trained in-house chef.