At AGC, we aim to recruit, develop, and retain individuals who embody the characteristics of a global citizen and actively promote the school’s mission in all that they do. If this describes you, we encourage you to join our community of learners.
Middle School English Language Arts and Humanities Teacher
The Academy for Global Citizenship is seeking to hire a English/Language Arts and Humanities Teacher to finish the 2014-2015 school year with our 7th grade students and possibly lead them through their final year at AGC in 8th grade. This position is ideal for a passionate middle school educator seeking a collaborative and open environment for whole-student learning. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates and those with International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Maternity Leave Spanish Teacher and Instructional Interventionist: 3rd-4th Grade
The Academy for Global Citizenship is seeking a long term substitute for a Third and Fourth Spanish Teacher/Instructional Interventionist from April 8 until the end of the 2014-2015 school year. Currently duties are split between teaching Spanish and working with classroom teachers as an Instructional Interventionist. Instructional Interventionists provide small group instruction for students in kindergarten through fifth grade based on student needs. Instructional Interventionists receive training to implement data-based interventions.
We are looking for staff who…
- Have a big heart to match a big brain
- Are bilingual in English and Spanish
- Want their work to define best practice
- Respect and thrive in a dynamic, changing, and growing environment
- Know extraordinary things can happen when people work hard together
- Want to participate in a laboratory for innovation in education
Working at AGC means…
- Being surrounded by thoughtful, inquisitive students and hard-working, like-minded colleagues
- Thinking outside of the box to do what is best for our students
- Being held to high standards for continuous personal and school improvement, and being given the time and support to do so–AGC teachers receive twice as many professional development hours as their peers, and coaching from an Instructional Leadership Team with a combined experience of 13 advanced degrees and 78 years in 26 schools
- Promoting student profile qualities of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP): inquirers, thinkers, communicators, risk takers, knowledgeable, principled, caring, open-minded, well-balanced, and reflective.
- Gaining experience with interdisciplinary International Baccalaureate Units of Inquiry, balanced literacy, arts integration, and TERC Investigations Math
- Having high academic expectations for every student in the school everyday
- Getting your hands dirty in our school garden
- Enjoying 100% organic, scratch made meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Working in an environmentally sustainable school culture