10 WAYS TO GIVE BACK THIS
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes Giving Tuesday, a global day for giving back. Check out these 10 easy ways to give back with AGC this season, including how to support innovation in education at no cost to you!
1. Sign up to give for free: Your holiday shopping can support AGC with a few clicks of the mouse. Simply visit Smile.Amazon.com and choose The Academy for Global Citizenship to receive .5% of your Amazon spending from now on. See other ways your everyday purchases can support AGC, with Target, GoodSearch and more!
2. Honor a loved one: Stumped by holiday giving? Honor a friend, mentor, or loved one with a gift and AGC will send a personal letter of thanks. Click to give.
3. Sponsor an AGC program or event: Sponsorships help your company, group or foundation increase awareness, generate good press and access new markets! AGC’s annual gala, Chefs’ Playground, offers visibility to over 4 million potential customers through TV, print and social media impressions. View sponsorship opportunities here.
4. Double your impact: Most employers will match employee contributions or volunteer hours. Talk to your employer today!
5. Give the gift of breakfast: Support 100% organic breakfast and lunch for one student for only $40/month. Click here to learn how.
6. Be Net Positive: AGC is working to build the state’s first Energy Net Positive School Campus. For a limited time only, all contributions to our Net Positive campaign will be matched by the George and Amanda Hanley Foundation! Click to learn more about our sustainable hub.
7. Make a long term plan: Planned giving, through a bequest, charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust ensures our future strength at no cost to you during your lifetime and can reduce taxes for your heirs. Click here to learn more.
8. Give stock: Donating stock or securities will allow you to earn the full tax benefits of the value of your shares and avoid capital gains taxes. Contact us to learn more.
9. Schedule giving: Schedule a recurring gift of any size. Your continued support means the world to our students, teachers, and families. As a Chicago Public Charter School, AGC receives inequitable funding and must raise half a million dollars each year to keep our doors open, despite spending less per student than an equivalent district-operated school. Click to schedule a monthly gift.
10. Spread cheer: Tell the world about the work AGC is doing to develop mindful leaders for the future by sharing posts from our blog, Facebook or Twitter feeds.
Thank you for your generous support this Giving Tuesday!