AGC is ever-growing, admitting 50 new students as we add a grade level each year and creating new positions to grow our amazing staff. Share the job description below with all those who might be a good fit for our passionate and unique school culture.
Technology and Business Administrator
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is a non-profit Chicago public charter school, located on the underserved Southwest side of Chicago. AGC’s mission is to develop mindful leaders who take action both now and in the future to positively impact their communities and the world beyond. Our innovative and holistic approach to education aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates our future generations. We are producing a replicable model for learning in the 21st century, including the construction of a net-positive energy campus.
The Technology and Business Administrator is responsible for a number of technology and accounting duties, with a primary focus on IT systems management and accounts payable. The ideal candidate is an experienced person who can provide outstanding service for the school’s technology needs, is highly proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel, is analytical, collaborative, and appreciates a fun work environment.
This position will report to the Director of Sustainability and Operations, and will directly interact with administrators, teachers, staff, and external stakeholders.
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of the school’s network and servers
• Service inventory of Apple MacBooks (operating systems, applications, profiles, hardware repair and spare parts)
• Data management for school testing, demographics, enrollment
• Support networked multi-function machines and audio/visual equipment
• Document established technology procedures, policies, and best practices
• Collaborative resource in training teachers and staff in use of technology
• Administer all aspects of accounts payable in QuickBooks
• Manage procurement and inventory of school supplies
• Process expense reimbursements
• Assist with annual financial audit
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Entrepreneurial thinker with a desire to support the vision and mission of the Academy for Global Citizenship
• Willingness and enthusiasm for doing whatever it takes to ensure the tech and financial needs of the school are met
• Experience diagnosing and repairing hardware, peripherals, software, operating systems and internet connections
• Proficient with financial systems and the following applications: QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving capabilities
• Highly organized and able to set priorities
• Knowledge of accounting standards and best practices
• Two to three years’ experience ideally in a school or non-profit organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology-Systems/Computer Science and Accounting/Finance preferred
• Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience; growth opportunities available.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy for Global Citizenship is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.